Sunday, June 12, 2011

Pet Peeves, Part 1

I don't consider myself a witty person. Well, maybe in a British comedy sorta way. I do, however, occasionally get a few likes and comments on my facebook statuses. Most of them are stolen from my friend Maggie and directed at my sister Rene. I really need to get those two together, as they have always reminded me of each other. Anyway, I digress.

The statuses that have gotten a lot of comments have been those about my pet peeves. I don't really have a lot of them, but the ones I have are strong. They have gotten a lot stronger being here in the North. Yes, sorry folks, but Maryland is the North to me. I plan to put together a definitive list, but I thought I'd stick to the ones that occur in my own house for this post.

1. Why do I always feel like I have to mop up the sink and floor after my husband washes dishes or gets ready in the morning? How do I manage to accomplish these activities without creating a puddle?

2. Why am I the one who has to get S ready to go somewhere? My husband, who takes about 5 minutes to get ready, will actually sleep in or do something else why I get myself, the dog, and the boy ready for wherever it is we're going. I think this is carried over from when I stayed home with S. Anyway, it drives me bonkers.

3. Does it really take that much more energy to throw dirty clothes in the hamper than it does to toss them on the floor?

4. When it's summer, I tend to dress for the weather -- shorts, tanks, sandals. My husband, who is already hot natured, will wear long pants and long-sleeved shirts. Then he wants to blast the AC in the house and car. So, I spend most of the summer wrapped up in a blanket and jacket.

5. Yes, I know I have a strange habit of freezing almost everything. It goes back to being single and not wanting things to go bad. My husband thinks it's weird, but I did explain that it is best to put things in the fridge when it is hot and humid. I think he finally believed me when we spent way too much time last weekend tossing out moldy bread and getting rid of fruit flies.

Ok, that's enough for now. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment