Monday, June 27, 2011

A quickie

I wrote a longish post, only to have it gobbled up into cyberspace. So here's a quickie...

I need to get outta the negative and into the positive, but I can't believe I forgot to tell you the big pet peeve that started the whole thing. I really can't stand it when people get gas and then leave their car parked at the pump. Please, pull into a parking space!

Other pet peeves: when food tables are not set up for people to walk on both sides and when an organizations website does not include a staff list. Both unnecessary time wasters.

Lastly, for the love of God people, alumni is plural. For females, it is alumnae. They are the plural of alumnus and alumna, respectively. I was at UMCP for an event when I heard someone express their pleasure that Larry David had graduated from UM. He was so excited that he wanted to give $, even though he was"not an alumni." I bet the English department there is letting out a collective sigh a relief.

Have a good week, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment