Friday, August 19, 2011

Back to School

I want to start by saying how proud I am of my little boy. He is doing extremely well in speech therapy and at his daycare/preschool. Every day when we ask where he is going, he exictedly says "tool." Ehhh...close enough. He is even counting, learning colors, and saying "please." All this from a boy who barely said two words a few months ago! If he gets through his next urology appointment ok, we will really be thrilled :-)

So, the kids in my home town went back to school this week. I enjoyed seeing all the photos on facebook and reading all the blogs. Seeing kids growing up is really bittersweet. On the other hand....free time for mom! It was especially cute to see photos of little Amelia, as her dad was in my kindergarten class. How time flies....

It seems like just yesterday I was picking a new outfuit and eating french toast on my first day of school. Oh wait...I went to school until I was 28. That wasn't so long ago -- haha.

On Sunday night, I also got another crack at a tradition my big brother started when I was little. For those of you not in the know, my siblings are 9, 10, and 12 years older. Being the oldest, my brother thought it was funny to come in the night before the first day and sing "turn out the lights....the party's over now" to us. He continued to do this as he went to college, then as we all went through college and grad school. So, of course, I now do it for my young nieces and nephews. It's always really fun to hear their groans and/or excitement. This year, they are starting in grades 3, 7, 8, and 10. It won't be long before Sully goes to big "tool" and I will laugh, cry or a little of both.

Good luck on a great year to all the kids, moms, and teachers out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment