Thursday, March 6, 2014

Randomness is next to godliness...or something like that

Well, alrighty. Here we are at day #2. I have decided to share some random facts about myself in case you didn't know them. I think I started the blog with pet peeves and, gosh darn it, I just don't have it in me to be negative at the moment. So, here goes:

1. I really never left the 80s. I wear Vans and Converse. Swatches. And how can we forget the music and tv shows? Man, if I could take modern technology with me, I'd so be back in the 80s right now.

2. I prefer button fly jeans.

3. I sometimes wonder if I am weird when I don't really like a book about which everyone else raved. I have never been the "trendy" sort, but really....do I have to be such a square peg in a round hole? Speaking of "Square Pegs," see #1.

Pardon the interruption, but...GO DEACS! Sorry, had to give the love to my adopted (former) hometown.

4. I am a very neat person but I have never quite figured out the value in making my bed. I rarely do it.

5. My first word was "apple."

6. I usually get up between 5 and 6 am. Even on my day off. I was THRILLED when I could drive so that I wouldn't be stuck at sleepovers.

7. I AM NOT A HUGGER. Don't get me wrong, I can cuddle and be intimate. I just have no desire to hug random people I barely know. Yes, I want a nametag that indicates that so I don't have to deal with unwanted affection.

8. For as long as I can remember, I have been against the drug war. I haven't a clue why people are against marijuana, especially. Homosexuality, either, but that's a whole other can of worms. I have worked closely with PFLAG, NORML and SSDP. I am known as a "straight ally" in the LGBT community. But what the heck do you call someone who is pro-pot but has never so much as inhaled nicotine (unless you can't second hand since I was in utero)? Things that make you go hmmmmm......

I am stopping here. Why? Because I am a dancer and think of things in 8 counts. Wanna know more? Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment